Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

leonardmurphy
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Sign In Confusion

When I'm logged into the forums page, I'm signed in and can see my username as leonardmurphy.

When I click over to 'Ideas', I'm no longer signed in. When I sign in with my email address, it shows my name as anonymous, which I find odd as 'anonymous' to me implies I'm not properly signed in.

On the main support.powerbi.com page, there's no sign-in button at all. But there is a sign-up button (in the footer of the page).

Are these all different websites with different sign-ins that just look the same? Or am I doing something wrong?

Also, on a side note, it would be good if the sign-in options on each page were more prominent and consistent. 

On the 'ideas' page it is in a really tiny font in the right hand bar. On the forums page, it's at the top left above every page (a little more intuitive admittedly). And on the support page it isn't there at all.

---
In Wisconsin? Join the Madison Power BI User Group.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for feadback @leonardmurphy. We understand the frustration on moving between the service itself, Uservoice (our ideas platform) and these forums. We are working internally to solve this as much as we can without loosing the advatage of having top tier platforms for each of these properties.

Hopefully we'll have some good news in the medium term.

Data for Everyone! We mean it

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Thanks for feadback @leonardmurphy. We understand the frustration on moving between the service itself, Uservoice (our ideas platform) and these forums. We are working internally to solve this as much as we can without loosing the advatage of having top tier platforms for each of these properties.

Hopefully we'll have some good news in the medium term.

Data for Everyone! We mean it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors