Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

willclein
Helper I
Helper I

Require login before seeing New Message page

It would be really nice if users were required to login before they are allowed to navigate to the New Message page.

I submitted a message earlier, and after typing it all out and clicking Post, it just took me back to the community landing page. I realized that I was not currently logged in which explains why the message didn't actually post, but then I lost everything I had typed up.

I realize it's my fault for not making sure that I was logged in, but there are a few steps that could be taken to reduce this type of frustration:

1. Allow users to remain logged in. Every time I close my browser and then come back to the Community later, I have to login again. It would be nice to be able to set it to Stay Logged In; or
  2. Require users to be logged in before being able to even navigate to the New Message page; or
  3. Require users login when clicking Post before it is submitted instead of completely discarding the post; or
  4. Provide a popup warning to users when they navigate to the New Message page if they are not currently logged in
1 REPLY 1
Kinjal
Employee
Employee

Hello @willclein,

Apologies for any incovenience caused! We appreacite that you bring this to our notice with the detailed feedback. I will pass the suggestions further. 

Once again, thank you for reaching out and being part of the community!

Regards,

Kinjal

Kinjal

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors