Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Q: Posting Images and post moderation

I searched and could not find information about forum restrictions or moderation.

I tried to create a post here several days ago and add a couple of screen shots.  The composition of the post worked fine and included my images, but when it published to the forum, the text was there but the images were missing.  I tried to edit the post and add them, thinking I must have made a mistake, and when finished I got a message saying that the post would not appear until approved by a moderator (and the post disappeared).

So first, are there restrictions on who can post images?  Second, what happens when a post is flagged for moderation - is there some place I can check on status?

Thanks,

Dale

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous I didn't see this post because it wasn't posted under Community Feedback. I have moved it here.
When images don't show in a post, it's often due to the fact that text with images was copied and pasted into the post. This can create "placeholder" code in the HTML. If you ever come across this issue again, I suggest you click on the HTML button in the toolbar and do a search for "placeholder" in the code. Remove it wherever the images should have been, and you should be able to upload images and have them displayed in your post.

It also sounds like your post was marked as spam. The platform scans for spam automatically and we monitor all flagged posts to determine whether or not the content should be unmarked. There are multiple variables the platform scans for and I have no way of knowing exactly what triggered your post to be flagged. Some common trigger items are copy and pasting content in and multiple edits.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Hmm, I have had postings that wiped out the images, but that was a while ago and seemed like a transient issue. I am not aware of restrictions around images but I suppose it would make sense that there might be some AI analysis going on perhaps? I will take a look at moderation and how to check on that, I am not aware of a way.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

The post has now shown up in the forum with one of the images included.  I was also able to edit the post and add the other two I wanted in it.  I saved the changes and all looks good.

Thanks to whomever helped with this in the background.  Any insights into what happened and why would be appreciated.

thanks,

Dale

Glad you got it resolved. It was not me that helped btw! 🙂

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Greg_Deckler - I was totally willing to give you some of the credit!

BTW - here is the post in question: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Download-in-background-disabled-but-it-does-it-anyway-why/m...

@Anonymous I didn't see this post because it wasn't posted under Community Feedback. I have moved it here.
When images don't show in a post, it's often due to the fact that text with images was copied and pasted into the post. This can create "placeholder" code in the HTML. If you ever come across this issue again, I suggest you click on the HTML button in the toolbar and do a search for "placeholder" in the code. Remove it wherever the images should have been, and you should be able to upload images and have them displayed in your post.

It also sounds like your post was marked as spam. The platform scans for spam automatically and we monitor all flagged posts to determine whether or not the content should be unmarked. There are multiple variables the platform scans for and I have no way of knowing exactly what triggered your post to be flagged. Some common trigger items are copy and pasting content in and multiple edits.

Thanks @JCM_iTalent ! that's all great information to know!

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to admit to NEVER scrolling down that far on the community page to see the Community Support section.  Once I scroll past the main forums, there are so many sections that have little interest to me, I assumed that everything below would be of little interest as well.

I'll spend some time looking at the other entries on the page to see what I might be missing - but something closer to the top to direct pleople here would have helped me find it.

Dale

@Anonymous Thanks for the feedback. I will pass it on to the rest of the team. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors