Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Private Messages Inbox is impossible to find

I may not be the sharpest tool in the box but am I the only one who can never find the Inbox for Private messages?  The only way I am able to get there is by trying to PM somebody else and then getting to Inbox link from the PM screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, looks like we have a solution for this everyone.

We just changed the top nav for each user with a drop down menu and direct access to notifications and messages.

This menu appears on every page you're in making simpler to access not only direct messages but also setttings, help, etc.

Like usual, let us know what you think and thanks again for the feedback!

menu.png

Data for Everyone! We mean it

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

OK, looks like we have a solution for this everyone.

We just changed the top nav for each user with a drop down menu and direct access to notifications and messages.

This menu appears on every page you're in making simpler to access not only direct messages but also setttings, help, etc.

Like usual, let us know what you think and thanks again for the feedback!

menu.png

Hi @andre @jdt008 and @Seth_C_Bauer,

We did find this problem ourselves and we actually use the same workaround you guys are using.

We are worning on the best way to display this feature for users. It should be live very soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll update this thread as soon as the update is live.

Thank you for the reply Miguel.

Many laughs I've had tonight. I sent a PM tonight, but until you posted this I never knew where to find PM's. And I see what you mean, I didn't find any other way to the inbox other than what you described. +1 Kudo

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I've had to check my inbox through the same workaround.  I sent a message to a PBI Staff member days ago and have received no response. I stopped checking.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors