Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Xeesto
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi tenant permissions to all workspaces

Hi,
I am Power Bi tenant. I am using REST API code to get the refresh history of datasets and dataflows in all the PowerBI workspaces. I am able to retrieve this data for the workspaces I have direct access for, but not for the rest. Is there any way to get access to this data? I am maybe missing some permissions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ponnusamy
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@Xeesto : You need to be the tenant Admin and workspaces + Datasets should be shared with you. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Xeesto
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

There is admin REST API calls what make you able to take data about datasets and dataflows in workspaces.

Check the link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/admin

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Xeesto ,

Agree with Ponnusamy.

Microsoft 365 or Office 365 subscription comes with a set of admin roles that you can assign to users in your organization using the Microsoft 365 admin center. Each admin role maps to common business functions and gives people in your organization permissions to do specific tasks in the admin centers.

For more information, please see:About Admin roles 

There are several roles that work together to administer Power BI for your organization. Most admin roles are assigned in the Microsoft 365 admin center or by using PowerShell. 

You can refer to this article to see: Administrator roles related to Power BI 

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ponnusamy
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@Xeesto : You need to be the tenant Admin and workspaces + Datasets should be shared with you. 

I have the same problem, but I don't have office 365, how do I do?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.