Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600

I'm having problem replying to posts. This message keeps coming up:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

and then, when I hit reply again, this comes up:

• Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)

It has been happening since Friday morning in relation to this thread: adjusting DAX measure for opening balance 

Please let me know what I can do to fix it.

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
ansar
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks @Kinjal , issue resolved , now i can able to post.

Thank you for the confirmation @ansar.

Kinjal

Kinjal
Kinjal
Employee
Employee

Hello @ansar,

Thank you for reaching out to community support!

I request you to send the screenshot of error which you are seeing along with the timestamp and URL for the further troubleshoot.

Thank you again, for being part of the community!

Regards,

Kinjal

Kinjal
ansar
Helper II
Helper II

Am also having same issue,  did you manage to resolve it

selimovd
Super User
Super User

@heaher_iTalent  @Kinjal 

I had the same issue. I checked the HTML, for some reason the HTML was mixed up.

In my case I had the following paragraph:

<p>For the [<span>Active relationship] I'm not really sure if I understood right. My measure returns the column&nbsp;</span><span style="font-family: inherit;">Input_Contract_Report[Active] = "Yes".</span></p>

I "cleaned" the HTML to:

<p>For the [Active relationship] I'm not really sure if I understood right. My measure returns the amount of month between start date and today for customers where the column Input_Contract_Report[Active] = "Yes".</p>

Afterwards I could post it without the message. So for me it seems that wrong HTML is generated and this somehow ends up with this error message.

You can check or correct the HTML in your post with the following button:

5.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I have the same issue : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Running-total-based-on-ranking-index/m-p/1681...

pbiBXL1234_0-1614588886391.png

I already cleared the cache. Please can you tell me how to fix it?

Thanks a lot,

Hi,

The problem persist because of the action of Pasting a table in de message body. I think this messes up the HTML of the message and thus it give the Floodposting error.

Not sure if this is the solution for you, but try to paste the table in a .txt file and the copy and paste that to the message body. This seemed to solve it for me. Make sure to add/use an seperator so people can use your data.

Let me know if this works.

Kind regards,

Jur

Jdiep
Helper I
Helper I

Same issue here. 

Time: 08:58 GMT +1

Jdiep_0-1610611186831.png

@amitchandak See my issue posted here. This is why I can't reply with the sample data. Hope it gets fixed soon

Bogdan-Ciocoiu
Regular Visitor

Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 06.36.17.png

Bogdan-Ciocoiu
Regular Visitor

Hello team - I have the same challenge, and I'm trying to respond to a separate topic in the last six hours and I could not.

Please fix this; I have cleared the cache, unsubscribed to the thread, no good.

Best wishes,
Bogdan Ciocoiu

Hello @Bogdan-Ciocoiu,

Thank you for reaching out to support! If the issue is still observed after clearing cache, please provide the screenshot and URL on which you are replying. 

Thank you again for being part of the community!

Regards,

Kinjal

Kinjal
heaher_iTalent
Administrator
Administrator

@Anonymous - Apologies for any inconvenience. Please clear the cache and let us know if you still observe the issue.  Also, please provide details of day/time and screenshot of error if error persists.  

You should not be getting that error unless you are excessively posting during a short period of time. 

cc: @Kinjal 

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have moved this issue to Community Feedback  and here is the simliar issue that you can refer:

Can't post due to 'post flood' error message 

Please try to clear the cache and try again, or try to contact community admin for support.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , you can unsubscribe to the post. Check on the Topic option button.

@heaher_iTalent , Can you please check this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors