cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CKinTX Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Need to Change Account Email Address

Good afternoon -

My employer has split us off into a new company and, as a result, we have new email addresses and will be losing our old ones at some indeterminate time in the future. As my account with this community is registered under the old address, I need to have it changed to the new one.

How do I do this?

Thanx for any assistance!

7 REPLIES 7
Administrator BrandyG_iTalent
Administrator

Re: Need to Change Account Email Address

Hello @CKinTX 

If you change jobs or lose access to the email associated with your community account, we are able to map your existing account to a newly created account so that you don't lose any community contributions. 

The Power BI community does require an AAD account. If the account you would like to use is not AAD, you can create one for free by following 'I Need an Organizational Account' in this support article: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Accounts-Registration/How-to-Register-for-a-Power-BI-Comm...

Here is what I would suggest, if your new email account is not AAD, follow the instructions I just linked for 'I Need an Organizational Account', then proceed below to open a support case and have your old account and new account mapped.  If your new account is AAD, proceed with opening a support case for the mapping:

To open a support case, visit https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-cannot-sign-in. Please include the community user/profile name and email address you previously used to log into the community, as well as the newly created community user/profile name and email address of the account you create. 

Please feel free to send me a PM if you need further assistance or have questions!

Brandy

CKinTX Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I think we are using AAD accounts, but I don't know for sure; I'll have to check.

I looked at making a support ticket, but that entails a fee, so I'll have to pass on that. I wish the profile page had an option to change the associated email address. But, oh well.

Thanx for your reply, though, Brandy!

Administrator

Hey @CKinTX 

Check out the steps for opening a support ticket here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

I've not ever heard anything about a fee, and I don't think there is one. If you get to a place in the process where a fee mentioned, please grab a screenshot and PM it to me and I will follow  up. 

Let me know if this helps!

Brandy

CKinTX Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mornin', Brandy -

Well, to experiment, I tried signing out with my current account and logging back in using my new email address. The Sign In screen had both addresses listed as choices, so I presume that means the new address is an AAD address.

So, I clicked on it and got the sign in screen. When I put in my credentials, I got a red error box saying;

This community account is already associated with a different organization account.

Looks like I'll have to try the ticket route. I'll try that again and see if I get the fee notification again.

Thanx for your help!

CKinTX Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Yup, the support page still says I have to pay a fee, if I'm not a pro user - I'm not. So, getting help that way will be charged.

Pro users get free support. Fill out a support ticket and we’ll get back to you soon.

Is there another route?

Administrator

@CKinTX  - Let me do some checking and I'll get back to you!

CKinTX Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanx, Brandy!

There's no rush since, last I heard, we'll be monitoring the old address for a year, still.

And, from something I heard, we may be going to Power BI as our official reporting tool, so we may be getting an enterprise edition and that may clear things up some.

But, that's just rumor...

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 455 members 4,621 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: