Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KarlinOz
Advocate III
Advocate III

My post was marked as spam and removed

Hi Guys,

My reply to my original post here https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-structure-my-Fact-Table/m-p/715117#M345072 has been removed with the message:

This reply was marked as spam and has been removed. 

I had spent about 2 hours on it trying to make it an intelligent request as my first attempt was too vague. I posted it on Friday night and found the anti-spam message there on Saturday morning. I submitted a request on Saturday morning to try and have it un-flagged. I sent the request via the link in the spam notification: (If you believe this is an error, submit an abuse report.) Mind you when I clicked on that link the text seemed to be inviting me to submit a report on a post I was reporting as spam, not trying to justify why my post is not spam. 

It is now Monday morning and my post is still seemingly marked as spam. Are the spam unflag requests only monitored on weekdays and in US business hours? I'm in Australia.

Do you have any hints as to how, in the future, I can lessen the risk of my posts being marked as spam?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BrandyG_iTalent
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @KarlinOz 

Your post has been marked as 'not spam' and moved back. The platform scans for spam automatically and all flagged posts are monitored to determine whether or not the content should be unmarked. There are multiple variables the platform scans for, and I have no idea of knowing exactly what triggered your post to be flagged. Some commone trigger items are copy and pasting content in and multiple edits. 

Content marked as spam is monitored most heavily Monday - Friday, during US business hours. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
BrandyG_iTalent
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @KarlinOz 

Your post has been marked as 'not spam' and moved back. The platform scans for spam automatically and all flagged posts are monitored to determine whether or not the content should be unmarked. There are multiple variables the platform scans for, and I have no idea of knowing exactly what triggered your post to be flagged. Some commone trigger items are copy and pasting content in and multiple edits. 

Content marked as spam is monitored most heavily Monday - Friday, during US business hours. 

OK thanks for that @BrandyG_iTalent. I'm pretty sure I didn't copy/paste or do multiple edits but good to see it's back and I don't have to recreate it.

I wish to inform you that a very same scenario just happened to me recently. I fully support your statements as I also doubt pretty much the real reason of the "Marked as spam" issue is directly  related to copying and pasting content. Note that I may be wrong, but one thing I noticed is that this generally happens on their 1st post. I submitted several posts under a different member account name (MawashiKid) in the past and never encountered any issue. New organizational signin procedures forced me to create a new member account which brought me back to square one. I can deal with that. To be honnest, I'm no longer into the badges and top kudoed race challenge anyway... My first post was genuine with no cut & paste.  Strangely it was automatically blocked with "Marked as spam" notice. I reported the issue to support team, though I haven't received any feedback... So I feel there's obviously an issue here which ought be reviewed more thoroughly. Thank you.

Hello @KarlinOz & @denyschamberlan!

I totally understand your frustration! When I became the community manager back in the spring, I sat down with our platform vendor to gain an understanding of spam management. I wanted to make sure that we were doing what I was suppose to be doing to help keep our community free of posts that shouldn't be here. I also wanted to better understand the automated spam management of content. 

The variables used by the automated tool that marks posts, are not limited to copying and pasting or multiple edits, it was identified that these are usually the top triggers. That being said, the platform does not provide a way for us to know why exactly a post was marked. The best thing that we can do is monitor the posts marked, and unmark them as appropriate. We try to get to the posts marked as quickly as possible, we want Power BI users to come here, get answers, share their knowledge with others, and make the community a place you want to be!

Thank you for taking time to call out your concerns. I appreciate any and all feedback. Please don't ever hesitate to reach out to me if you need assistance, either via this board or send me a PM. 

Thanks for being part of the community!

This seems to have impacted me as well - my post has been marked as SPAM and it is now removed with no opportunity to see it back - is this being monitored for rectification, as the expectation is community with help, but for unknown reason, genuine query is knocked off - unexplained and un-retrieved

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Share-Valuation-using-FIFO-method/m-p/790999#...

@pers  - Is the link you shared the post that was marked as spam? 

As I mentioned above, we do monitor the posts be marked and we get to them as quick as possible. 

Please let me know if you are referring to this post, or something different. 

Sorry for confusion - I was mentioning about my post marked as SPAM - link below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Share-Valuation-using-FIFO-method/m-p/790999#...

Instead of opening a new thread for same/ similar issue, I leveraged the continued discussion, as it seemed to have reached a manual intervention outcome.

No worries, @pers 

This post has been unmarked as spam and is now live in the community.

You are welcome to reach out anytime a post is marked as spam. I promise I try to get to them as quickly as possible!

Thanks for being part of the community!

@BrandyG_iTalent  - Appreciate your prompt help.

Same for me, my first post has been marked as spam.

I tried to "submit an abuse report" but nothing.

I sent a private message to @BrandyG_iTalent  but I didn't received any reponse.

Hey @_Roberto_ 

Just replied to you PM, you are good to go!

Hello

How long does that usually take to have it back?

Mine has been stuck for more than 4 hours now

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-include-closed-items-in-the-stacked-column-chart/m-p...

Hello @jbrolland,

My apologies for any inconvenience you may have been through trying to get your question posted. 

Your post has been marked as not spam and it has been moved back. The platform scans for spam automatically and we monitor all flagged posts to determine whether or not the content should be unmarked. There are multiple variables the platform scans for and I have no way of knowing exactly what triggered your post to be flagged. Some common trigger items are copy and pasting content in and multiple edits. You should be good to go on this post. Thanks for being a part of the community!

Regards,

Kinjal

Kinjal

thx for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors