Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dbadmin
Helper IV
Helper IV

Levels in Power BI community (Contributor, Admin, etc)?

I don't know if this is the right place for this question, but why not...

I've noticed that there are different levels in the Power BI community - new contributor, contributor, admin - 

Power BI has a very strong potential to become a very active role in our company but right now, I'm the only one who knows anything about it. So this is a perfect opportunity to become the "expert" in my company (which is really about 9 small companies under a larger umbrella company) -  (job security) Smiley Wink How do you "develop" yourself in the Power BI community? What things do I need to do, areas I need to develop myself in, etc... to "progress" so to speak? I also know Microsoft has training ceritifications - anything to help develop myself as a professional in this arena? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@dbadmin - So, I've progressed in my "title" on this site by contributing postings, answering questions and signing up to blog on the Community Blog site. I'm not sure at what levels of visits, postings and answers the various different "titles" get assigned, but it is somehow tied to visits, postings, kudos and answers on this site is my best assessment of the situation, sort of like Technet only friendlier. 🙂

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@dbadmin - So, I've progressed in my "title" on this site by contributing postings, answering questions and signing up to blog on the Community Blog site. I'm not sure at what levels of visits, postings and answers the various different "titles" get assigned, but it is somehow tied to visits, postings, kudos and answers on this site is my best assessment of the situation, sort of like Technet only friendlier. 🙂

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I kind of thought so, but I wasn't sure. I haven't found anything that explains how it works exactly.

Thanks for the feedback! @Greg_Deckler   Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors