Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jdt008
Advocate II
Advocate II

Is there a place where we can view all recent updates with release notes?

We can view all completed items, but can please have the ability to sort by Release date, so that we can discern which updates are new?  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
ajanson
Advocate II
Advocate II

It is not listed here, but I trace everything on other channel. You can visit Microsoft Power BI. There you will find info about all new relesed features. In my opinion at this moment is the best pleace to check that.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powerbi/

Thank you for the tip.  I did check it out and noticed that the most recent update to the PBI section was 6 days ago.  Am I looking in the right section?

Dear PowerBI team,

Could you please advise where we can find the requested information regarding all latest releases and fixes?

I understood there was a recent update of the apps for iOS. Where can I see what was added/fixed?  (recent = made 2-3 days ago)

It would be really very helpful to see such information for all PowerBI products. Nothing to say how much time and posts here and there this information would save...

Thanks

Hi @Tsanka and @jdt008,

We have a what's new section for Power BI Desktop.

The rest of updates (including service and mobile) are documented on the Power BI Blog. We'll let our support team now that somethign similar to Desktop would be useful for users.

Data for Everyone! We mean it

In order for Microsoft PowerBI & PowerBI to be taken seriously by large organisations, a simple way to identify release version is required as with most software.

Large organisational IT support teams have to schedule and approve release cycles. It is not their job to keep checking google or a a blog to determine whether an update is required.

We all want PowerBI & Power BI Desktop.

Sandy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

The releases happen automatically.  You can see the release version # by the following:

PowerBI: click on the question mark in the top right and click on 'About Power BI'

Power BI Desktop: Click on File and then click on About 

What is IN the releases is posted in the Power BI Blog which you could put in an RSS feed - see the most recent posts here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powerbi/archive/2015/09/16/power-bi-weekly-service-update-0915.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powerbi/archive/2015/09/15/what_1920_s-new-on-the-power-bi-mobile-apps-915.a...

Does that address your request?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors