Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

joringho
Employee
Employee

In PowerBI, why am I getting Connect & Convert errors when trying to load data (edX Lab 1 step 8)?

In the edX Power BI course (Lab 1, step 😎 after I remove the country column and click "Apply and Close", I get the following two errors:

1. OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception from HRESULT;

2. OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataFormat.Error] We couldn't convert to Number.. Power-BI-Course-ERROR-Connect-Convert.png

See screenshot, attached.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Fabiola_K
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi, this step its important:

• Filter the rows that come from the header of the CSV files. (Hint: One way to do this is to filter out the Country column from records containing “Country”).

This step is for remove these rows:

Error.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fabiola_K
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi, this step its important:

• Filter the rows that come from the header of the CSV files. (Hint: One way to do this is to filter out the Country column from records containing “Country”).

This step is for remove these rows:

Error.PNG

When I filter, get that screen, and remove rows, it says there is nothing in the table.  What am I doing wrong? 

Did the remove errors in the data column (not the ribbon) and it worked! 

Yeah, that's a great point! Once I filtered on Country = 'Country' (and removed those rows), all I had to do was remove the errors for the 'Date' field and it worked perfectly - so thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors