Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

danxshap
Helper I
Helper I

How can I start receiving email notifications from the forum?

Hi,

I have my notification and subscription settings for the Community Forum set such that I should be receiving email notifications (e.g. when someone comments on one of my posts), but I'm not receiving any email notifications.

When I click "sign in" for the forum, it automatically signs me in because I'm signed into my Microsoft 365 Account, which is the account that has my Power BI license associated with it.

I believe that means that I have an "Azure Active Directory" account (please correct me if that's not necessarily true), and according to this thread, that means that I can't receive email notifications.

Ultimately my goal is to be able to post on the forum with the same browser that I use to access Power BI, and I'd like to receive email notifications.

Is there a good way that I can accomplish that?

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
Kinjal
Employee
Employee

Hello @danxshap,

Thank you for posting and reaching out!

Your understanding is correct that if you have created an AAD (Azure Active Directory) account you won't be able to receive e-mail notifications.

However, you can request for Email Address Change with any personal email you are using to receive emails. Form link: https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport You can select the option "I want to change my email address".

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Kinjal

Hi @Kinjal thanks for getting back to me.

I followed your instructions, but when I select the option to change my email address, I'm told that Power BI community requires an AAD account:

Markup 2022-10-07 at 15.59.11.png

Obviously if I followed those instructions, I would have the original problem of not being able to receive email notifications because I have an AAD account.

How can I change my email address to a personal email address (not an AAD email) so that I can receive email notifications?

Thanks again!

Hi @Kinjal just wanted to bump this up in case it slipped through the cracks. Thanks for your help!

Hello @danxshap,

Thank you for reaching out. Recently, Power BI has begun allowing users to register with their personal e-mail address as well. You can follow the same instruction with your personal e-mail id to raise a ticket. 

Please let us know in case of any issues. 

Thank you again, for being part of the community!

Regards,

Kinjal 

Kinjal

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors