Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KenStewart
Regular Visitor

Forum cross-posting protocol question

Is cross-posting in different communities discouraged? I chose Desktop because it seemed the best fit, but it crosses boundaries. Will other groups see it based on tags or other criteria? I'd like to get the best visibility on a fairly complex topic.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @KenStewart,

We generally don't encourage cross-posting within the same community. If you find that you aren’t getting a response to your question, please check out a blog post written by one of our super users to see if any changes to your post would help other community members help you: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JCM_iTalent
Employee
Employee

Hello @KenStewart. Where are you considering posting?

Well, @JCM_iTalent , it seems like Get Help with Power BI and Let's Talk Data would also be good fits, but I welcome suggestions.

I should have said Help with Service and maybe Developer, probablynot Let's talk -- seems to be visuals.

@KenStewart Thanks for clarifying. I suggest that you stick with the Desktop forum only.

Thanks, @JCM_iTalent, I'll respect your knowledge of the protocols here. After a day, though, I've only gotten a single reply that wasn't nery helpful.

On my other question, will this get some visibility in other groups or just to other subscribers through tags or other mechanisms? Pardon my newbieness, but I'm not sure of the best way of getting help in this forum. I don't know if you took a look at it Create and maintain shared model on multiple platforms , but it's a little weighty, not really amenable to a quick reply. Any tags or labels you'd recommend?

Finally, can you recommend any other non-MS communities that might be helpful on my post?

Hello @KenStewart,

We generally don't encourage cross-posting within the same community. If you find that you aren’t getting a response to your question, please check out a blog post written by one of our super users to see if any changes to your post would help other community members help you: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Thanks, @JCM_iTalent . I'd already read that, and I believe my post follows those guidelines.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors