Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Community Improvement Suggestion For New People

While I've been using Power BI for years (and PowerPivot/PowerQuery before that), I've been participating in this community for only the last month or so.  I've really enjoyed helping others and having rapid fire problems to solve to sharpen my DAX and query skills.  One thing I've noticed is the number of posts that struggle to get the help they need (i.e., those with lots of views and zero replies, or ones that get appropriate replies to help them clarify there issue).  It seems like we could better set people up for success, perhaps with a template/survey instead of a blank text box.

Suggestion - when someone starts a new post can they see a template and some brief guidance.  This template might include one or more of the following:

• Question about what they need help with - Measure, Calculated Column, Query, Visualization, I don't know.  Maybe a link to these terms for a description of each if needed.
  • Prompt to describe their desired outcome (table, chart, etc.)
  • A place to post example data (maybe like the Enter Data interface). I've used OCR enough times to extract data from images of data tables to really appreciate this one.
  • A way to attach files (that really should be an option).  Have a size limit and extension restriction if needed, but more than Super Users should be able to attach files.
  • Prompt to indicate their Power BI experience level
  • Other suggestions?

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JCM_iTalent
Employee
Employee

@mahoneypat Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback! I've passed it on to the rest of the team.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JCM_iTalent
Employee
Employee

@mahoneypat Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback! I've passed it on to the rest of the team.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors