cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mahoneypat Community Champion
Community Champion

Community Improvement Suggestion For New People

While I've been using Power BI for years (and PowerPivot/PowerQuery before that), I've been participating in this community for only the last month or so.  I've really enjoyed helping others and having rapid fire problems to solve to sharpen my DAX and query skills.  One thing I've noticed is the number of posts that struggle to get the help they need (i.e., those with lots of views and zero replies, or ones that get appropriate replies to help them clarify there issue).  It seems like we could better set people up for success, perhaps with a template/survey instead of a blank text box.

Suggestion - when someone starts a new post can they see a template and some brief guidance.  This template might include one or more of the following:

• Question about what they need help with - Measure, Calculated Column, Query, Visualization, I don't know.  Maybe a link to these terms for a description of each if needed.
  • Prompt to describe their desired outcome (table, chart, etc.)
  • A place to post example data (maybe like the Enter Data interface). I've used OCR enough times to extract data from images of data tables to really appreciate this one.
  • A way to attach files (that really should be an option).  Have a size limit and extension restriction if needed, but more than Super Users should be able to attach files.
  • Prompt to indicate their Power BI experience level
  • Other suggestions?

Regards,

Pat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Community Improvement Suggestion For New People

@mahoneypat Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback! I've passed it on to the rest of the team.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Community Improvement Suggestion For New People

@mahoneypat Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback! I've passed it on to the rest of the team.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We've launched a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.

Top Kudoed Authors