Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Community Admins: Service Bug reporting in the forums?

@Sandy@MiguelMartinez - Is there dedicated staff that we should pull into forum posts if there is a Service bug? Apparently users are being directed to submit bugs for the Service via the Community forums. In many cases, we won't be able to troubleshoot or assist end users with environment specific issues or unknown errors. Are there certain staff members that we can pull into the posts that require MS assistance / visibility? My thought is to reference a group of admins to raise visiblity on issues we cannot help with using the "@<name> feature. Without spamming Microsoft admins needlessly.

For reference, here are two threads describing what I am referencing:

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Where-do-Bug-Reports-go/m-p/837#M236
http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Internal-error-when-refreshing/m-p/16379#M5176

Any direction would be helpful. Thanks

FYI to @Greg_Deckler@greggyb for this request

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
2 REPLIES 2
greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

For some flavor on this:

I submitted feedback just the other day (Monday, 2016-01-25) and got the email (image below) directing me to support.powerbi.com. This page does not (currently) have any bug submission option. You can choose "Contact Support" to open a support ticket, but that's it.

I used the chat feature on that page (apologies for not saving the log), where the support rep told me a support ticket could be opened for errors blocking data refresh/load for my organization, and that the community is the appropriate avenue for bug reports.

I try to be good about tagging forum threads that contain bugs (at least "bug,<product", where <product> is service/desktop or similar), but it's an uphill battle.

Image of bug report move email:

Capture.JPG

@Sandy, per your response in this thread in the Service forum, the support ticket option on support.powerbi.com is the appropriate avenue for bug reports.

I agree completely that the forums are a poor bug reporting medium. Unfortunately, the Power BI support page does not offer an immediately obvious path to submitting a bug report, and can be confusing for end users. As I highlighted in my response above, even the support reps are unclear as to the appropriate destination for bug reports, and I was directed to submit bug reports to the forum.

Can we alter the support.powerbi.com landing page to include a clearly labeled "Submit Bug Report" link prominently displayed? Even if it goes directly to the same destination as the current "Contact Support" link, I think it would be helpful to address user confusion upon landing on that page from the Power BI Service feedback response email thats currently going out.

Moving forward, could we get the PBI dev team to redirect the Service feedback link to go directly to the ticket submission link (or have this as an option in a dropdown)?

Thanks for your attention on this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors