Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

Changing username in the community

Hello All,

Just wondering, is there any setting available to update the username in our profile settings of the community.  

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

15 REPLIES 15
Kinjal
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Yes, normal users do not have option to change the username. 

But, admin can do that for you. 

Let me know if you need any help.

Thank you for using Power BI community!

Kinjal

Kinjal
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to change my community login name to pc-1007 and remove the original name. thanks 

@Anonymous,

Please submit your username change requested by filling this community support form: https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport with the specific reason for your request. Please provide your current username, your desired username (2-3 username options), and a link to your community user profile. 

Best, 

Natalie H.

Community Manager 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Kinjal,

Could you please help me in changing my username.

Thank you!

Hello @Anonymous,

Thank you for reaching out! Your username is changed as per the request.

Please let us know if you need further help.

Regards,

Kinjal

Kinjal

Hi @Kinjal,

Could you please help me in changing my username.

Thank you!

Hello @Preeti_Yadav,

Thank you so much for reaching out to me!

Please submit your username change requested by filling this community support form: https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport with the specific reason for your request. Please provide your current username, your desired username (2-3 username options), and a link to your community user profile. 

Regards,

Kinjal

Kinjal

Hi ,

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Regards,

Preeti

Hi @Kinjal ,

Are you an admin because I would like to change my username?  If not, do you know how I would get in touch with one?  Thank you!

David

Hello @datavigilante - Check out 'Changing Your Community Username' in our support article here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Accounts-Registration/Community-Account-Support/ta-p/6802...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Is it possible to change your email to e.g. an outlook mail?

Or to change your email when you change tenant.

So Let's say I changing jobs, will I lose all my contibutions history after I have built up that?

Thank you in advance for your answer

Hello,

• You cannot change to outlook as only work/organizational accounts are allowed post SSO.
  • Changing email is not an option.
  • However, when you change jobs / tenant, you need to register with the Community using that new email address and share with us the profile URL. We will then map your current community profile to your new email address. You will not lose any of your contributions in this process. 

I hope this helps you. 

Thank you for using Power BI community!

Kinjal

Kinjal
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, that helps! 🙂

ta5656
Helper I
Helper I

Any update on this question? is there any to update the username in the community? 

@ta5656 Unfortunately, normal users doesn't have an option to update the username but the community support team can do. The only way to get it updated is by sending an email to the community support or admin and they will change it for you.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors