Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lkalawski
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Change organizational email address

Hi Community Support,

In a few days I will leave my current company and start working in the new one in a month.
In the meantime, unfortunately, I will not have an account in the new company, so I used the guide at this link:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Accounts-Registration/How-to-Register-for-a-Power-BI-Comm...
to create a new user in my hotmail account in the Azure portal.
Then I used the information from this link:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Accounts-Registration/Community-Account-Support/ta-p/6802...
and sent information regarding assigning a new email address to an existing account. (I have sent my current username, email, and a new username and new email. )

I received this answer: 

On October 31, 2018, the Power BI Community implemented a 'single sign-on' process to align with Microsoft security standards. To continue to sign in to and use the community, you will need an organizational/Azure Activity Directory (AAD) account in a managed state.

Unfortunately, there is no information here as to whether the email address has been changed or the steps I should take.

Please indicate the next steps.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Done by Community Support!

Thank you.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Kinjal
Employee
Employee

Hello @pawelj795,

Thank you for posting in the community! 

Please fill the form here for any login/registration related concerns https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport with required details and support will reachout to you. 

Please let me know any questions/comments!

Regards,

Kinjal

Kinjal

@Kinjal  I need to change the organizational e-mail address aligned to my profile. Why do we need to create a new profile each time we need to change e-mail addresses?

Hello @bchager6,

Thank you for your question.  When you need to change your email address, we have you create a new account because we map your current account to that new account's email address.  We do not have the ability to merge accounts.  I hope that helps!  If you need to update your email address, please complete the Fabric Community Support Form at aka.ms/FabricCommSupport

Best,

Natalie H.

Community Manager

@Natalie_iTalentI completed the form yesterday but haven't received aknowledgement of receipt. Also, I won't have access to the e-mail currently associated to this account, so I would need to be contacted at the alternate e-mail address I supplied.

Thank you

Hello @bchager6,

We received your support request and will reach out to you soon via your contact email address.

Best,

Natalie H.

Community Manager 

Hi @Kinjal 
I filled this form a few days ago, but nobody respond.

Hello @pawelj795,

Thank you for your patience. I am looking into this.

Regards,

Kinjal

Kinjal
lkalawski
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Up

Done by Community Support!

Thank you.

HI @lkalawski 
Sorry for bothering you, but how they help you with your problem?

Currently, I have the same issue as you had.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors