Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lkalawski
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Change organizational email address

Hi Community Support,

In a few days I will leave my current company and start working in the new one in a month.
In the meantime, unfortunately, I will not have an account in the new company, so I used the guide at this link:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Accounts-Registration/How-to-Register-for-a-Power-BI-Comm...
to create a new user in my hotmail account in the Azure portal.
Then I used the information from this link:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Accounts-Registration/Community-Account-Support/ta-p/6802...
and sent information regarding assigning a new email address to an existing account. (I have sent my current username, email, and a new username and new email. )

I received this answer: 

On October 31, 2018, the Power BI Community implemented a 'single sign-on' process to align with Microsoft security standards. To continue to sign in to and use the community, you will need an organizational/Azure Activity Directory (AAD) account in a managed state.

Unfortunately, there is no information here as to whether the email address has been changed or the steps I should take.

Please indicate the next steps.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Done by Community Support!

Thank you.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Kinjal
Employee
Employee

Hello @pawelj795,

Thank you for posting in the community! 

Please fill the form here for any login/registration related concerns https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport with required details and support will reachout to you. 

Please let me know any questions/comments!

Regards,

Kinjal

Kinjal

@Kinjal  I need to change the organizational e-mail address aligned to my profile. Why do we need to create a new profile each time we need to change e-mail addresses?

Hello @bchager6,

Thank you for your question.  When you need to change your email address, we have you create a new account because we map your current account to that new account's email address.  We do not have the ability to merge accounts.  I hope that helps!  If you need to update your email address, please complete the Fabric Community Support Form at aka.ms/FabricCommSupport

Best,

Natalie H.

Community Manager

@Natalie_iTalentI completed the form yesterday but haven't received aknowledgement of receipt. Also, I won't have access to the e-mail currently associated to this account, so I would need to be contacted at the alternate e-mail address I supplied.

Thank you

Hello @bchager6,

We received your support request and will reach out to you soon via your contact email address.

Best,

Natalie H.

Community Manager 

Hi @Kinjal 
I filled this form a few days ago, but nobody respond.

Hello @pawelj795,

Thank you for your patience. I am looking into this.

Regards,

Kinjal

Kinjal
lkalawski
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Up

Done by Community Support!

Thank you.

HI @lkalawski 
Sorry for bothering you, but how they help you with your problem?

Currently, I have the same issue as you had.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors