Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jdballard30
Helper II
Helper II

Can't reset password...

I am having trouble logging into the Power BI Community. Let me reiterate that I can log in to Power BI itself just fine - it's the community here that is powered by Lithium that won't let me log in. (I created a second account which is how I'm posting this.)

I created a Power BI community account. I received the welcome email and I'm fairly certain I validated my email address by clicking the link. I stupidly managed to not have my password saved and couldn't log in. So, I click the "Forgot password" link and receive the email with a link to reset my password. I go to the password reset page, enter a new password and it tells me "Correct the highlighted errors and try again. Sorry, we are unable to reset your password." At the bottom is what I get when I attempt to reset the password.

Can someone help me? I'd rather use the original account I created as opposed to this one. 

And again, this is my Power BI community account, not my Microsoft Power BI account (which works fine)!

Thanks!

reset_password.png

8 REPLIES 8
KaPha
Regular Visitor

I hit this issue today. "Correct the highlighted errors and try again" message shows though nothing is highlighted. Looks like this bug has been around since at least 3 months ago (April)?

Mbalcarek
Helper I
Helper I

I was only able to register and signon with a business account. Not what I wanted - unable to use my personal email. I was also unable to change the email adress after registering - it just keeps asking me to enter a valid email address.

Did it actually let you register and you just couldn't sign in? Or did it prevent you from even registering? I was able to register and validate my email.

If they really won't let you use a personal account it would be one of the dumber things I've ever heard of but I don't discount the possibility.

It seems I had already registered with my personal email address. I clicked the 'forgot password' link, got the email, clicked the link in the email, but it would not let me change the password - i tried several different ones. No luck.  I got "Correct the highlighted errors and try again. Sorry, we are unable to reset your password." every time. So I was stuck. I then reregistered with a work account and that worked. I then tried to change the email address of my new registration to my personal account, and that failed (expected I guess). So the inability to reset my password on my personal account remains.

Hey, @jdballard30 and @Mbalcarek!

Thanks for reaching out. Could you let me know the original usernames you used and are now having issues resetting the password for?

-Mariana

Community Manager

MarcelBal and thank you for looking.

Echoing @Mbalcarek: thank you for taking the time to look into this!

@mbenjamin, the original username was @jdballard.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors