Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

Any plans for Microsoft Power BI Certifications ?

Happy New Year Everyone 🙂 A quick question!

Hello Power BI team/users. Is there any plan for certification exam (just like MCTS) specifically for Microsft Power BI which will cover Power BI Desktop Tool and Power BI Service? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ashishrj,

It's a great idea! For now we don't have anything, but maybe in the future we will as Power BI usage grows.

We do have tons of training programs around, including the edX courses (for which you can actually get a certification) and our Dashboard in a Day and Dashboard in an Hour trainings. Also, there will be a lot of opportinities to get hands on training at the Microsoft Data Insights Summit, the first ever Excel and Power BI user conference.

Data for Everyone! We mean it

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Just took the exam today, but am unable to find info about the following:

1. Is there a known date when this will go out of beta (as only after that, one will get his grade)?

2. Does anyone know what the requirements are to pass the exam, how many %?

Thanks.

/RSK

I don't know when it's coming out of beta, but I know that with most MS exams, it's a score of 700 (70%) to pass.

I don't know when it will be out of beta, but I'm taking it next week.  It's usually a score of 700 (70%) that's passing.

SamLester
Employee
Employee

Replying to an older thread.

Microsoft has announced an upcoming certification in Power BI and another in Excel, which appear to combine for an MCSA in BI Reporting (if I'm interpreting the link below correctly).

70-778 - Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI (Planned)

70-779 - Analyzing Data with Excel (Planned)

https://borntolearn.mslearn.net/b/weblog/posts/microsoft-introduces-several-new-data-management-amp-...

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

Hi @ashishrj,

It's a great idea! For now we don't have anything, but maybe in the future we will as Power BI usage grows.

We do have tons of training programs around, including the edX courses (for which you can actually get a certification) and our Dashboard in a Day and Dashboard in an Hour trainings. Also, there will be a lot of opportinities to get hands on training at the Microsoft Data Insights Summit, the first ever Excel and Power BI user conference.

Data for Everyone! We mean it

Hello,

Where can I find the Dashboard in an hour trainings ?

Many thanks for your assistance.

Power Bi rocks !

@MiguelMartinez Thanks for the info 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.