Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Find articles, guides, information and community news

Most Recent
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

I know this practice for a long time, and I haven't used a lot until a month ago when a user helped me understand the importance of explaining the blank for their experience. Usually when I use to had blank visual, I didn't do anything about it because I was assuming it was obvious. If you filter data and the visual stays blank, it's because you don't have something the see there.

It sounds obvious but many people not related with Bi tools assume there is a failure or issue with the development, and they don't think about a data issue. That's one of many reasons why we need to know this practice of showing a message explaining different situations when that happen. Let's help the users experience and issues perceptions. At the end of the post, we might have even more ideas to develop.

Read more...

Kumail
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

What we can achieve if Azure Synapse is integrated with Power BI.

Read more...

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Migrating from Tableau to Power BI, what is the list of Unlearn and Learn topics. How to replicate Tableau's content in Power BI. Let is Explore

Power BI(74).png

Read more...

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

I have been giving support for DAX in different places. Something that is becoming more frequent are long DAX functions repeating code (they might be format, but long). Usually, these problems arrive when there is a performance issue that results in a long measure.

In this article I’m going to explain with my words the importance of using variables in our code. We should always consider using variables because they have several benefits. Some people might think they only help to make the code feel cleaner, but I can assure you it will help on maintainability too.

Read more...

s-richert
Employee
Employee

A utility script to duplicate scorecard and goal definitions

Read more...

Kumail
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Report builder is a tool where you can easily design your pixel perfect Paginated Reports and publish them to Power BI services.

Read more...

Kumail
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Automatic aggregations will help unlock huge datasets for interactive analysis, enhance query performance, and enable interactive analysis over big data.

Read more...

TedPattison
Employee
Employee

Did you know that Power BI offers an Export API which can be used export Power BI reports into commonly used file formats including PDF, XLSX, CSV, XML, PPTX and PNG. The November session of Power BI Dev Camp session explains how to write the code to export both Power BI reports and paginated reports and explains the differences in supported output formats.

Read more...

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

In many opportunities the most important thing for the users is the privacy. Knowing who can see what. Those scenarios usually follow two rules. From one hand avoiding access to a full report and on the other hand avoid read access to a specific page of the report and rows. What would happen if they want them both in the same report? I have seen Microsoft recommendations and many users talking about connecting a new blank report to the dataset and just copy the pages that the user should see. However, that's not a very good solution because each modification you have for the report you must do it twice. That's two reports and not even one with an admin permission to see all pages and a regular permission to just see one or two pages. This will become even more complicated if you have more than 2 types of users. You should build new reports for each of them.

This article will help us to handle page navigation permission with RLS. The solution might be similar to dynamic RLS solutions like this blog post.

Read more...

TedPattison
Employee
Employee

Looking for a way to surface Power BI reports on pages in a Salesforce organization? This session will teach you how to embed reports in Salesforce using either User-Owns-Data embedding or App-Owns-Data embedding.

Read more...

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Power BI gives us a flexibility of using custom visuals in variety of scenarios to take our reports to the next level. Today in this blog I will be talking about Comicgen custom visual in a particular scenario to show how this visual can add a bit of emotion and pose visually to your report. 

Read more...

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

There are 2 ways to install Power BI Desktop for the end users. Organizations has additional options. 

Read more...

TedPattison
Employee
Employee

Power BI provides all the features required to design and implement multi-language reports. The good news is that it's no longer necessary to clone and maintain a separate PBIX project file for each language. However, the path to success with building multi-language reports is not overly intuitive. Join the Power BI Dev Camp session on Thursday, July 22 to learn more about the Power BI features for Internationalization and localization and to get the technical guidance you need for building reports that support multiple languages. 

Read more...

Anonymous
Not applicable

When we create Report using SAP BW data source. There will be data transformation issue in the  Power BI service for Non- American Users.

Read more...

TedPattison
Employee
Employee

Next week's Power BI Dev Camp session on Thursday, June 24 will introduce campers to the App-Owns-Data Starter Kit which is a sample solution for developers built using .NET 5 to provide guidance for organizations and ISVs who are using App-Owns-Data embedding with Power BI in a multi-tenant environment. If you are planning to use Power BI embedding to reach customers and other types of external users, the App-Owns-Data Starter kit provides the fastest way to stand up a custom application which embraces best practices for tenant provisioning, user authorization and activity monitoring.

Read more...

Helpful resources

Join Blog
Interested in blogging for the community? Let us know.