Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Find articles, guides, information and community news

Most Recent
jirineoral
Post Patron
Post Patron

There were already written few blog posts both about Row Level Security. I would like to add one more about this topic. I use this pattern for several years in SQL Server Analysis Services. Biggest advantage of this approach is, that you don’t have to fight with table relationships, which can be sometimes tricky to make work correctly.

Read more...

EnterpriseDNA
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

One type of analysis I like to use quite often is comparing this year totals to last year totals. I want to also always make it as dynamic as possible. All I should have to do is change the context of my calculation (ie. bring in a new dimension like regions/products etc) and everything should automatically re-calculate.

Read more...

Christian_Berg
Employee
Employee

Having interviewed and worked with hundreds of business analysts and P&L owners, I am impressed by the capacity of human intuition. People who have been in role for more than a couple of years can often balance multiple complex considerations and quickly make a good decision. This frees up time for the employee. Unfortunately, this spare time is more often used to increase the frequency at which they look at the standard reports, rather than deep analysis to try and challenge their already impressive understanding of the business. A common problem with this is confirmation bias and existing misunderstandings of true drivers can persist or a change in underlying fundamental is overlooked. In the next couple of posts, I will share techniques that I have seen successfully employed to counter common heuristics and to increase the chance of continuous improvement.

Read more...

Christian_Berg
Employee
Employee

In this series of blog posts, I will provide a step by step guide on how to become the change agent that puts your organization on a path towards continuous improvement using the most valuable decision support techniques.

Read more...

Helpful resources

Join Blog
Interested in blogging for the community? Let us know.