Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Find articles, guides, information and community news

Most Recent
EnterpriseDNA
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

I’d like to share with you one of my favorite topics in Power BI which involves DAX formulas. It’s a development concept or strategy called measure branching. 

Picture1.png

Read more...

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

We can use measures to have an easy comparison on the value of today and yesterday, current month and last month. However, it isn’t easy when we encounter below situations:

1. If you need to compare the values of 2020 and last year at this time, but next time you need to compare the values of 2020 and 2018, you need to modify all measures that contain Year, or recreate these measures. When we have 100 measures, it will be a tedious work.
  2. If you need to compare  two periods that might have a different number of days, like comparing one month against a full year. Filter will be fixed in the formula and cannot be dynamically controlled by the slicer.

I will show you two ways to dynamically compare the value of two periods by slicer.

Read more...

Helpful resources

Join Blog
Interested in blogging for the community? Let us know.