The Power BI Community Has Made a Big Change!

by Administrator await ‎10-31-2018 06:55 AM - edited ‎10-31-2018 08:36 AM

We’ve made a big change to the Power BI community! We’ve streamlined the sign-in process so that when you’re signed in to Power BI, you’ll be signed into the community. No need to keep track of separate passwords or credentials with the ‘single sign on’ experience.

Having trouble logging in? Please visit the earlier post:

The Power BI Community is Making Changes: More Details!

You’ll get complete details as to how to log in using single sign on (SSO), which will associate your community account with either your Power BI Service account or your organizational email account.

Still having trouble? Email us at the following:

SSO Mailer Image.jpg

Please include as much detail as possible, including the time and time zone when you tried to log in, the email address you tried to link, browser, screen shots, etc. The more information, the more quickly we’ll be able to solve your problem and get you logged into the community!

Comments
by edhans Senior Member
on ‎10-31-2018 02:40 PM

So if we change jobs, and thus our org account, or we are temporarily without an account that has Power BI access, since you still cannot use Gmail and Outlook.com emails for Power BI free, what happens then? 

Even if we do have immediate access to a new org account that is valid, how do we change email addresses? I couldn't see anything in my profile settings.

by Administrator vrisch
on ‎11-01-2018 10:10 AM

An alternative is outlined in blog article below:

Blog Article:  The Power BI Community is Making Changes: More Details!

"If you did not register with an organizational account and don't have one, don’t worry. It’s fast and easy (and free!) to create one. More details are right here.  Once you've created your account, please follow the ‘First Time Log In’ process as outlined below. When you create an account in this manner, you’ll no longer be able to receive email notifications from the community. Also, the account will require 'onmicrosoft.com' at the end."

by jthomson New Contributor
on ‎11-02-2018 08:19 AM

Keeps signing me out of the forum every single time I close the browser, completely useless "streamlining" if I need to do multiple clicks to make a post several times a day

by Administrator await
on ‎11-02-2018 12:57 PM

Hello @jthomson, we are going to extend the amount of time that the community keeps you logged in. That should help address your issue.

Best,

Allison