SSO FAQ's

by Administrator vrisch ‎11-02-2018 06:39 AM - edited ‎11-05-2018 04:41 AM

Here are some FAQ's to help you troubleshoot your sign in challenges . . . 

Q:  If someone don't have an organization account, can he register too, I know a lot of people who use only the desktop without any use of the service?

A:  You can absolutely still register for the community! Please follow the directions here (also mentioned above) to create an AAD account which you can then link to your current user name and password.

Q:  So if we change jobs, and thus our org account, or we are temporarily without an account that has Power BI access, since you still cannot use Gmail and Outlook.com emails for Power BI free, what happens then?  Even if we do have immediate access to a new org account that is valid, how do we change email addresses? I couldn't see anything in my profile settings.

A:  "If you did not register with an organizational account and don't have one, don’t worry. It’s fast and easy (and free!) to create one. More details are right here.  Once you've created your account, please follow the ‘First Time Log In’ process as outlined below. When you create an account in this manner, you’ll no longer be able to receive email notifications from the community. Also, the account will require 'onmicrosoft.com' at the end."

Q:  I am getting a message that says "Need admin approval".  Power BI Community needs permission to access resources in our organization that only an admin can grant.

A:  Configure the way end-users consent to an application in Azure Active Directory:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/manage-apps/configure-user-consent#grant-adm...

Q:  With this new link to my organization account, what happens when I change organization? - Will I then loose my current account, and thereby start over with a new one?

A:  You will not loose your exisitng account.  You can contact us and we can assist with getting your new organization account linked to your existing community account.