Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GilbertQ

Power BI Free vs Pro Infographic

I have been active on the Power BI Community Page for quite some time, and what I have often seen is people not quite sure what options are free and what options require a Pro license.

So here is my infographic in which I have put down which options are free, pro or Premium

I am hopeful that people will find this useful in understanding which options are free and which options require a Pro license.

If I have left anything out, or something is wrong please let me know and I will update it.

As well as I will keep this infographic up to date as there no doubt will be some additions to the Power BI Service.

Power BI - Infographic - June 2018.png

You can access the images from the following link: Power BI Free vs Pro Infographic – Latest Version

Comments

Very helpful infograph! I see a lot of questions of the community forum about this.

Best,

Alan

Thanks for the comments, if there are any suggestions please let me know.

What about a OneDrive autofresh?????

In the setting section of the datasets says: Onedrive by default refresh de files each hour. But this actually work daily.

Thanks @germanhenriquez

I was going to say yesterday that I will update this infographic, but with the recent announcement of Power BI Premium and the changes to the Power BI Free and Pro, I do think a whole new Infographic is needed.

But your input will be added.

Thanks

Gilbert

Hi 

Thanks to Microsoft to give the sharing rights with free version I hope that appcation will help organazation much to forseen the business needs 

Gagan Deep 

Very helpful infograph.  Does this mean that you have to buy the Pro version to get the datasets automatic refresh? I am getting data fram a Sql server and have understood  that you need to use DirectQuery (not Import) to get the dashboards and reports automatic refreshed. We are using a Power BI gateway (Free).

Tove

Hi Tove,

Yes as of today 01 June 2017, you can use the Free version to refresh your data, but the big change is that you will no longer be able to share your dashboards with other users in your organization.

This also applies to DirectQuery also, as this will use the On-Premise Gateway to use DirectQuery

That's really great , I was looking for this information! 

Thanks I am planning on updating this with the new changes from 01 Jun 2017

I'm free, and I can't share my dashboards and reports. Say to update to PRO account.

Hi @danielsouza I need to update the graphic as it is now outdated 

Anonymous

I've been digging a lot of information about the PBI "universe", and this image helps though it seems outdated...

I would say that:

PBI service vs PBI Reporting Services

PBI free vs PBI pro vs PBI Premium

PBI Import vs. Direct Query vs Live Query

Is information that always should be available here, on the community.

Best regards, and congrats for your work.

Thanks for the comments. Power BI embedded is another way to display the reports and dashboards but most of the details are here. Along with this Power BI Report server is on this image also. Due to limitations on screen size not everything in detail can be included. 

You can find an always up to date version on www.fourmoo.com 

Hi all,

One question:

Does it mean that if I am a Power BI pro user and create a report which I then add to a SharePoint page via a modern webpart all the users which have a Power BI free license will not be able to display the report in the SPO page?

Best

Stephan

The url https://www.fourmoo.com/2017/04/11/power-bi-free-vs-pro-infographic/  shows an infographic where sharing is free. Thats the one I found on google before finding this location with a more up to date picutre.