Power BI Free vs Pro Infographic

by Super User ‎04-18-2017 05:01 PM - edited ‎06-20-2018 05:20 PM

I have been active on the Power BI Community Page for quite some time, and what I have often seen is people not quite sure what options are free and what options require a Pro license.

So here is my infographic in which I have put down which options are free, pro or Premium

I am hopeful that people will find this useful in understanding which options are free and which options require a Pro license.

If I have left anything out, or something is wrong please let me know and I will update it.

As well as I will keep this infographic up to date as there no doubt will be some additions to the Power BI Service.

Power BI - Infographic - June 2018.png

You can access the images from the following link: Power BI Free vs Pro Infographic – Latest Version

Comments
by alanhodgson Established Member
on ‎05-01-2017 02:16 PM

Very helpful infograph! I see a lot of questions of the community forum about this.

Best,

Alan

by Super User
on ‎05-01-2017 02:27 PM

Thanks for the comments, if there are any suggestions please let me know.

by germanhenriquez Frequent Visitor
on ‎05-03-2017 08:57 AM

What about a OneDrive autofresh?????

In the setting section of the datasets says: Onedrive by default refresh de files each hour. But this actually work daily.

by Super User
on ‎05-03-2017 03:56 PM

Thanks @germanhenriquez

I was going to say yesterday that I will update this infographic, but with the recent announcement of Power BI Premium and the changes to the Power BI Free and Pro, I do think a whole new Infographic is needed.

But your input will be added.

Thanks

Gilbert

by Gagan New Member
on ‎05-23-2017 07:46 AM

Hi 

Thanks to Microsoft to give the sharing rights with free version I hope that appcation will help organazation much to forseen the business needs 

Gagan Deep 

by Fia123 Regular Visitor
on ‎05-31-2017 08:54 AM

Very helpful infograph.  Does this mean that you have to buy the Pro version to get the datasets automatic refresh? I am getting data fram a Sql server and have understood  that you need to use DirectQuery (not Import) to get the dashboards and reports automatic refreshed. We are using a Power BI gateway (Free).

Tove

by Super User
on ‎05-31-2017 03:33 PM

Hi Tove,

Yes as of today 01 June 2017, you can use the Free version to refresh your data, but the big change is that you will no longer be able to share your dashboards with other users in your organization.

This also applies to DirectQuery also, as this will use the On-Premise Gateway to use DirectQuery

by ShmuelM Regular Visitor
on ‎06-07-2017 02:45 AM

That's really great , I was looking for this information! 

by Super User
on ‎06-07-2017 03:10 PM

Thanks I am planning on updating this with the new changes from 01 Jun 2017

by mayweatherconor Frequent Visitor
on ‎08-22-2017 11:34 PM

Mayweather, boxing under his own specific phenomenal banner, can take the lion’s share of any payday — take note of that he made an ensured $41.5m (£33m) in 2013 against Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, who settled for an ensured $5m (£4m) in spite of his status as a champion among the most without a doubt comprehended boxers rising above America and Mexico.McGregor vs Mayweather Fight Live has beginning at now endured address with his promoters in his nearly short work, no-demonstrating an open meeting which accomplished his launch from the motivation behind interest UFC 200 the past summer.The cost of setting out to be incredible is that it may blowback. Also, when you’ve scaled all around that truly matters each stature that your picked wear passes on to the table, as Mayweather and McGregor have done, then the threat may not be upheld paying little notice to the reward.The washout of such an incredible conflict would have wounds to lick that may never recoup. 

by danielsouza Regular Visitor
on ‎05-05-2018 05:06 AM

I'm free, and I can't share my dashboards and reports. Say to update to PRO account.

by Super User
on ‎05-05-2018 05:26 AM

Hi @danielsouza I need to update the graphic as it is now outdated 

by Ricardo Member
on ‎09-05-2018 08:32 AM

I've been digging a lot of information about the PBI "universe", and this image helps though it seems outdated...

I would say that:

PBI service vs PBI Reporting Services

PBI free vs PBI pro vs PBI Premium

PBI Import vs. Direct Query vs Live Query

Is information that always should be available here, on the community.

Best regards, and congrats for your work.

by Super User
on ‎09-05-2018 12:48 PM

Thanks for the comments. Power BI embedded is another way to display the reports and dashboards but most of the details are here. Along with this Power BI Report server is on this image also. Due to limitations on screen size not everything in detail can be included. 

You can find an always up to date version on www.fourmoo.com