Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

TedPattison

New Webinars on Advanced Query Design and Power BI Embedded

Hello to the good citizens of Power BI community,

After receiving 12 Microsoft MVP awards my work with SharePoint development, this week I finally received my first MVP award for Power BI and the Microsoft Data Platform. I guess you could say I am a Born Again MVP! I am very happy to be in the company of so many of my Power BI heroes such as Marcus Russo, Alberto Ferrari and Chris Webb.

To celebrate this achievement I have scheduled two public webinars on Power BI next week in which I am going to present some in-depth content. I hope you can make it to one of these webinar and, afterwards, I will post the recordings to the Power BI community site for those who are interested but cannot attend due to time constraints.

Tuesday Aug 8th at 1PM EDT

Advanced Query Design with Power BI Desktop (for advanced users)

This webinar begins by examining how to design queries in Power BI Desktop that import data into a star schema for better data analytics and reporting. If you attend, you learn how to create queries that merge table columns and to append rows from multiple data sources into a single output table. This session will move beyond the basics to demonstrate working with query functions and query  parameters in the Power BI Desktop query editor. If you stick around to the end, you’ll also learn a few tips and tricks for making direct edits to the M code behind a Power BI query.

Registration URLhttps://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/9158359398093178882

Thursday Aug 10th at 1PM EDT

Power BI Embedding Version 2 – The Full Story (for professional developers)

In June of 2017, Microsoft announced significant changes to their development model for embedding reports and dashboards in custom applications. This webinar examines these recent architectural changes and roadmap for Power BI Embedded moving forward. Attendees will also learn how to develop commercial application with Power BI embedding using the Power BI Service API and the Power BI JavaScript  API. If you attend, you’ll also learn about the new Power BI embedding features for self-service BI such as the ability to edit existing reports and to create and save new reports in a custom application creating with Visual Studio 2017 and ASP.NET MVC.

Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5518061116480465922

Comments