Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mbenjamin

Introducing: The Datanauts

Announcing our new Super User Program!

It’s a bird… It’s a plane… It’s DATANAUTS!  

You may have noticed shiny new ranks next to some familiar faces, and I’m pleased to introduce our very first generation of Datanauts 

What are Datanauts?

Datanaut status is an exclusive title awarded every 3 months to recognize top contributors to the Power BI Community. 

If you’re selected as a Datanaut, then you’ve been recognized as an outstanding participant. We believe expert users who regularly contribute useful solutions deserve special recognition. 

This is part of a larger Super User program that spans across all the Microsoft Power Users Communities: Flow, Power Apps, and Power BI. For example, Microsoft Flow Super Users will be known as "Flownauts", Power BI Super Users as "Datanauts", and PowerApps Super Users as "Appstronauts."

You will be able to see an individual's Super User status in their profile page.

Without further ado, I give you THE DATANAUTS: 

@Greg_Deckler

@Phil_Seamark

@MFelix

@ankitpatira

@Ashish_Mathur

@Zubair_Muhammad

@ImkeF

@KHorseman

@GilbertQ

@parry2k

@Anonymous

@TomMartens

@Vvelarde

@MattAllington

@Seth_C_Bauer

See some familiar names? Be sure to congratulate your fellow Datanauts on their new rank! Their community contributions and Power BI expertise continues to make the Power BI Community a more welcoming and valuable space.

How do I become a Datanaut? 

It’s simple, really! If you’re an active member of the community, consistently posting helpful content and answering fellow Power BI users’ questions, you’re well on your way to becoming a Datanaut. Datanauts are not only knowledgeable, but passionate about Power BI, too.  

Since this year marks the founding class of the Super User Program, these Datanaut Super Users were nominated by your Microsoft Power BI Community Admin (me!).

If you have not been nominated yet and are interested in participating in the Datanaut Super User Program, there will be future opportunities for community members to nominate each other to recognize their respective community contributions (ex. consistent community blog posts, activity in the Power BI forum discussions, increasing number of authored accepted solutions etc.). The details on those opportunities will be announced on the Power BI Community Blog.

And as your Community Admin and lead moderator, I (@mbenjamin) will also be keeping an eye out for potential Datanauts who exhibit outstanding community contributions.

What's next? 

• Congratulate your new Datanaut Super Users and get connected!
  • Discover a new Power BI trick that your community would love? Tag your fellow Datanaut to help share!
  • Stumped by a community forum question? Tag a Datanaut to leverage their expertise on the topic.

We look forward to the positive impact the Datanaut Super Users will have on the success and growth of this communtiy.

You feedback and thoughts on this new program are valued - feel free to comment below or DM me (mbenjamin) if you have any questions or suggestions for our Datanaut Super Users.

-Mariana 

Community Manager

Comments