Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TedPattison

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

I am thrilled to announce we will begin running a monthly webinar series named Power BI Dev Camp. Each month, we'll pick a new Power BI developer topic and spend a full hour digging in and teaching campers how to program using various Power BI APIs as well as how to take advantage of Power BI's ever-evolving set of developer extensibility points. This webinar series will debut with its first camp session on Thursday August 27th at 11:00 AM PST by covering the topic of Developing for Power BI using .NET Core.

Power BI Dev Camp will appeal to developers and programming enthusiasts that like to write code in languages like C#, JavaScript, TypeScript, PowerShell, M, DAX, Python and R. In Power BI Dev Camp, we’ll be examining how to develop solutions with Visual Studio as well as how to develop with Node.js using Visual Studio Code. Along the way, campers can expect to learn about Power BI embedding, custom visual development, custom connector development and writing PowerShell scripts to automate administrative tasks in a Power BI environment.

Power BI Dev Camp isn’t about all work and no play. At the end of each webinar, we plan to present campers with a challenge and a competition allowing them to showcase their creativity and what they’ve learned to their peers. Each month, we will announce the previous month's winners giving visibility to the talented developers in our community. After all, what could be better learning new skills, while having fun, AND the opportunity to earn SWAG!  Campers… are you ready?

Put your mind to workPut your mind to work

Comments

Sounds great!
Where can we register?

This sounds exciting! How can we register?

Yeah, so how do we register???

Helper II

I found this: https://gunnarpeipman.com/aspnet-core-power-bi-embedded/

Perhaps this is a source of the camp session's content.

There is no pre-registration. Yes, I wish we had that but we do not. There is just an attendee link to the live event which will run Thursday, Aug 27th at 2PM EST / 11AM PST.

I am about to post a new blog on the details of the Aug 27th Power BI Dev Camp session.

Are there any such camps for non-developers- new users who are still learning DAX and reporting techniques. Boot camps like these ones would be great in bridging the gap between learning and workplace application. thanks,