A connected node diagram is used to show the relationships between different entities. For the example below i have chosen to visually explore the relationships between users in terms of the number of messages that they have sent to each other.
You'll notice the correct allocation of two different field entries for the Node To and Node From so it is easy to use from the UI perspective. Some other nice features of this visualisation include:
- Highlight of relationships connected to node that you are hovering over
- Responsive scaling
- Color customisation for links and nodes
- Change the highlight color
- Data labels support for both nodes and links
- Change the force to which nodes repel each other
- Change the font size on the different labels
I've noticed a lot of videos with people just dragging fields into a single field input. The secret sauce to getting what i did done was using a caegorical mapping for the dataview.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.