Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

tvanstraelen
Frequent Visitor

Workspace settings not showing correct information

Hello,

If I understand the documentation correctly, if you have a Premium capacity, which we have, your storage limit is 100 TB and the workspace storage usage is shown as 0, source is https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-manage-your-data-storage-in-power-bi

Using a premium workspace as an example, and looking at Workspace settings >> System storage, the workspace actual storage usage is shown and has a limit of 10 GB ! This is not what I expected.
So from the looks of this screen, the workspace is not on a premium capacity but on a shared capacity ?

tvanstraelen_1-1688141908587.png

So I checked the Premium tab and none of the options are selected.

In this workspace I have the admin role.
tvanstraelen_0-1688141536374.png

Looking at the same screen with our tenant admin, the Premium capacity license mode was selected.
Is this expected behavior that only the tenant admin can see which license model is selected ?
It would be more clear if others could also see which license model is selected, even if they are not allowed to change it.

And this brings me to my next question, if this is a Premium capacity workspace, why is the storage limited to 10 GB ?

I hope someone might have an answer 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tvanstraelen
Frequent Visitor

This seems to be solved now.
The license mode is now showing 'Permium capacity' and the storage usage is 0.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tvanstraelen
Frequent Visitor

This seems to be solved now.
The license mode is now showing 'Permium capacity' and the storage usage is 0.

tvanstraelen
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.
But it looks like there is a bug in the Workspace Settings - System storage view.
Sometimes I see that the workspace storage is 0 of 10 GB, which is correct as the workspace is on a Premium capacity.

tvanstraelen_0-1688649566225.png

But other times I see that 289 MB is used.
The screenshot below is taken a few minutes after the screenshot above.
And we see the same behavior for other workspaces as well.

tvanstraelen_1-1688649635526.png

BR,
Tom

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tvanstraelen ,

For workspaces in shared capacity, there is a per-workspace storage limit of 10 GB. For app/group workspaces, the total usage can’t exceed the tenant storage limit of 10 GB multiplied by the number of Pro licenses in the tenant. For workspaces in Premium capacity, there is a limit of 100 TB per Premium capacity. The workspace storage usage will be shown as 0 if the workspace is assigned to a premium capacity.

Regarding your question about the Premium capacity license mode, only the tenant admin can see which license model is selected. Other users will only see the Premium settings tab if they are assigned as either Capacity admin or a user that has assignment permissions.

As for your question about why the storage is limited to 10 GB in your workspace, it could be because your workspace is in shared capacity.

More details: Configure and manage capacities in Power BI Premium - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Manage data storage in your workspaces - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors