Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

gszufa
Frequent Visitor

White arrows above buttons

I saw similar post created month ago but it was marked as "solved" and there was no solution - just somebody writing that it just solved itself. 

Couple of weeks ago I noticed white arrows appearing above buttons in my dashboard:

gszufa_0-1657719694850.png

Key points:

• They are only visible in the service and not present in desktop
  • I have all Visual Headers options disabled
  • I cleared browser cache and cookies but the problem remains

This is impacting reporting in my corporation. How can I disable those arrows?

7 REPLIES 7
gszufa
Frequent Visitor

Today I found that the issue fixed itself, there is no more white arrows on hovering over buttons. I have no idea what changed - I did not make any changes myself.

The problem was accepted as issue the last days. They might be working on it. You can still have problems. You can track if there is a solution in here:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Power-bi-button-hover-shows-arrow-icon-July-2022/idi-p/26214...

Alisa on the csv microsoft eam has open a ticket. The ICM id is 320424105

Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue.
Can anyone tell me how he solved this issue, I mean, does not appear this white arrow? Or if it can be solved... This white arrow appears when the user hovers over a button in the report published in PBI Service (in my case)...

My version of the PBI Service is: 13.0.18620.44 

browser.png

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. It looks like something the developer might have added in the report. I can't find the arrows anywhere on any visual. As far as I know it's not a formatting option either.

Are you seeing that on the report or the dashboard? 

Regarding desktop. Have you download the pbix directly? just to confirm you have the same version of the last release of service with the arrow?

I hope you find the arrow.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

I have opened a support ticket with Microstof for this issue - I would suggest you do the same. 
Here are the responses I recieved on 7/12/2022 and 7/14/2022:
7/12

I understand that you are seeing a white arrow on certain reports, and that you'd like to get rid of it. I have seen those reports as well, and the issue is still live for certain customers, If possible please share with us the following information so we can check on this feature and confirm if it is going to be removed or  roll backed:

• Please share with us the PBI service version
  • Could you please provide us more details exactly where is that you see the arrow? i can see the screenshot you share, but if you can show us the location on the reports? Does it show on top of Slicers or bars?
  • Does this happen all the reports or just the new ones?

7/14

Hey Eric, Thank you so much for your patience on this.

We have a report open with our product group reporting this situation, once we get an update or ETA on fix I will let you know.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions. Please let us know, we are here to help

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm having the same issue on a report I developed. If I find a way to solve it I'll come back to you here.

I am the developer of that dashboard and I did not add it 🙂

I did not download pbix - I created it on my PC and published on the web.

Arrows appear only in the dashboard published on the web and only after hovering my mouse over the buttons for ~1 sec.

my version of Power BI desktop is - Version: 2.95.804.0 32-bit

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors