Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

analyticsyc
Frequent Visitor

Slicer Header Keeps Showing on PowerBI Service

There is a bug where slicer headers which have been turned off on PowerBI desktop still show when I publish the report to PowerBI Service. 

Seems very familiar to a previous bug: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Slicer-Header-Keeps-Showing/m-p/1135975

Pics of how it looks in desktop:

analyticsyc_0-1712697563380.png

Pics of how it appears in PowerBI service when published:

analyticsyc_1-1712697591961.png

The header 'Date Range' should not appear. I noticed it today.

Please keep me updated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gszufa
Frequent Visitor

I found the reason and solution. "Header" was enable in my power bi desktop (even though I do not recall enabling it at any point). This made all the elements of the slicer to be pushed down, disabling the slider. When I manually disabled header from power bi desktop and published, everything went back to normal. I have to go and manually disable headers from every single page I have.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @analyticsyc ,
Thanks for @GilbertQ  reply. I tested on Version: 2.128.751.0 64-bit (April 2024) and it shows that when I turn the slicer header off on Power Bi desktop and upload it to service, and then turn it on on Power Bi service, the slicer header still doesn't show up. As @GilbertQ  said, you can update your Power Bi desktop to Version: 2.128.751.0 64-bit (April 2024). Here is a screenshot of my test:

vheqmsft_2-1712730878945.png

vheqmsft_1-1712730854249.png

Best regards,

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

I have Version: 2.128.751.0 64-bit installed and face identical problem. On Power BI Desktop I have a nice date slicer with slider and header turned off.

gszufa_1-1712741912237.png

After publishing the slider is missing and the header is displaying:

gszufa_2-1712741921997.png

gszufa
Frequent Visitor

I found the reason and solution. "Header" was enable in my power bi desktop (even though I do not recall enabling it at any point). This made all the elements of the slicer to be pushed down, disabling the slider. When I manually disabled header from power bi desktop and published, everything went back to normal. I have to go and manually disable headers from every single page I have.

@gszufa Same thing going on with my reports. I never remember turning Header on, but it was on in my desktop reports. Disabling it fixed the issue.

What I think happened: originally I had header on, but sized the slicer to where it removed the header since there wasn't space. Something changed on the backend where the slicer header now shows, regardless of the slicer height. 

Annoying to have to manually change every slicer, but it does resolve the issue

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @analyticsyc 

Could you download and instal the latest version of power bi desktop and then re upload your PBIX to the service to see if this resolves your issue?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Issue still exists with newest version of PowerBI desktop

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors