Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

v_mark
Helper V
Helper V

Showing a slideshow a Power BI Report that is direct queried on a Large TV Screen.

Does anyone know how to show a report on a large TV Screen on a slideshow setting? 
We've got 4 report page and the Idea was to have it on a slideshow that change every x amount of time.
Been seeing other ways like Displagent | The premium application for Power BI slideshows and digital signage etc. but those comes with a $$ price.

I wonder if there is a no cost solution to achieve this

5 REPLIES 5
amustafa
Super User
Super User

I just did a test and yes, Power Point does not auto-refresh the Power BI report while the slideshow is running. However, if I close and re-open the PP, it does show the refreshed data. I know it's not the best option for you. You may submit a feature request to enable this auto refresh option on PP.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

amustafa
Super User
Super User

Well, if your report is on PBI service you can set to auto refresh schedule and insert a dynamic text box to show the Symentec Model refresh data (not the report refresh date). See this vid for reference.

How do you get a REFRESH DATE in your Power BI report??? (youtube.com)

I have no issues with setting up refresh date timestamp. The challenge that I have is inside powerpoint. Which it seems I always need to hit refresh to get the latest data. My goal is to make it live, as soon my source table updated in the database ( not sure if there is another way) the report showing in the TV Screen gets updated too.  Thanks for the info though. I love GIAC, been watching their youtube channel since day one.  When it was still Adam. 

v_mark
Helper V
Helper V

@amustafa - I tried doing it the only problem was the data needs to be refresh manually inside PowerPoint like the option below "Refresh". So If you have a card, text or button somewhere in the page that show the last refresh. The datetime doesn't changed. Kinda weird considering I am using direct query.

v_mark_0-1706684491587.png

amustafa
Super User
Super User

Have you looked into Power BI + Power Point option? Many youtube videos on this topic to get you going.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors