Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

EduardD
Frequent Visitor

Shared Dataset and Report connected to that combine in one PBIX?

I have shared dataset and Power BI report connected to that. I can download both as PBIX files.
Is there a way to combine them into one PBIX file that would contain both report and dataset? 
I can copy visulas from Report to Dataset PBIX page by page but it would break all my bookmarks and visuals alignment.
Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jonvoge
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi EduardD.

You could attempt adding an additional table to your .pbix file (even just a Calculated Table should work, I think).

This should prompt you to "Add a local model", which will create a new semantic model, that has references to the old shared dataset, as well as any new MEasures, tables etc. that you add.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jonvoge
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi EduardD.

You could attempt adding an additional table to your .pbix file (even just a Calculated Table should work, I think).

This should prompt you to "Add a local model", which will create a new semantic model, that has references to the old shared dataset, as well as any new MEasures, tables etc. that you add.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors