Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Shree_185
Helper I
Helper I

POWER BI service basic requirement to get started

Hi Everyone,

In my organization, we are trying to get POWER BI Cloud PremiunWorkspace. To get started, I know we need POWER BI workspace and licenses. We should have Azure as a basic requirement? I need more guidance on the Azure piece.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SMHolck
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Let me state that I am not a Premium expert.  Azure has a lot of offerings.  Do you mean Azure storage?  Or Azure Active Directory? 

If you mean the former, we are using Premium Per User (PPU) and I don't think it requires Azure Storage.  The Premium workspace comes with it's own capacity as part of the SaaS (Software as a Service) but we also have very limited ability to monitor or control it.  And there are limitations based on how it shares capacity across the organization.  But we don't have enough data to warrant managing our own Premium Capacity yet.

You might start with the documentation found here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-premium-gen2-what-is.

I think they list a few "deep dive" webinars on those pages that may get you what you need.

And if you still have Qs, maybe reach out to your TAM (technical account manager) ... whoever manages your software licenses in your company should be able to put you in touch.  Microsoft often has experts that can help answer your questions and get you started. 

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SMHolck
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Let me state that I am not a Premium expert.  Azure has a lot of offerings.  Do you mean Azure storage?  Or Azure Active Directory? 

If you mean the former, we are using Premium Per User (PPU) and I don't think it requires Azure Storage.  The Premium workspace comes with it's own capacity as part of the SaaS (Software as a Service) but we also have very limited ability to monitor or control it.  And there are limitations based on how it shares capacity across the organization.  But we don't have enough data to warrant managing our own Premium Capacity yet.

You might start with the documentation found here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-premium-gen2-what-is.

I think they list a few "deep dive" webinars on those pages that may get you what you need.

And if you still have Qs, maybe reach out to your TAM (technical account manager) ... whoever manages your software licenses in your company should be able to put you in touch.  Microsoft often has experts that can help answer your questions and get you started. 

Best of luck!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors