Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting GUID of bookmark

Hi,

We are using hidden bookmarks for sending mails via Power Automate.

We can get the GUID of the bookmarks which can be seen on PBI service but how to get the GUID of the bookmark which are hidden?

Regards,

Mohan 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous 

You should be able to go to the Report in Power BI Service and click on "Bookmarks" then "Show more bookmarks" to get the list of bookmarks in the Report. Clicking on each bookmark will give the GUID in the URL.

Burningsuit_0-1633952638314.png

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jakefarrell
Regular Visitor

Hi Mohan,

Did you ever figure this out?

We want to capture/generate a bookmark GUID like the new "Chat in Teams" functionality to use in Power Automate action. 

Is it possible to programatically create the bookmark of the current report state?

Jake 

2023-02-21_20-31-57.png

Hello Jake, 
did you find a solution ? 
I'm facing the same issue. 
Thank you
Hajar

No. We never were able to get the Bookmark GUID. Seems like it should be available, but we were unable to solve how to do it.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, 

According to my research and test, we can’t hide a report or personal bookmark in the Power BI service, how do you achieve this?

vrobertqmsft_0-1633936788220.png

I can also get the GUID when bookmark is not hidden.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply when I say hidden bookmark I meant that we don't assign any button/action to the bookmark to be opened in the PBI service.

How can you get GUID if the bookemark is not opened in the PBI service ?

Regards,

Mohan

Hi @Anonymous 

You should be able to go to the Report in Power BI Service and click on "Bookmarks" then "Show more bookmarks" to get the list of bookmarks in the Report. Clicking on each bookmark will give the GUID in the URL.

Burningsuit_0-1633952638314.png

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors