Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

marcus505
Frequent Visitor

Fiscal Year Calculated Columns

Hi,

I am trying to create calculated columns that bring out results per Quarter / month per month based on type of caller.

calculations.PNG

For example

If Month = April and Year = 2018

and Type of caller = "email"

then sum values

I am new to PowerBI, this is what i have managed to piece together.

sum.PNG

Any help id greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @marcus505,

Yes, here you should update your formula like this.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(fabric_swishs[fabric_typeofcaller]),FILTER(fabric_swishs,fabric_swishs[fabric_dateofcall].[Month]="August" && fabric_swishs[fabric_dateofcall].[Year]=2018 && fabric_swishs[fabric_typeofcaller]=

555510002))

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marcus505,

Based on my test, we can use the formula to get the result as we excepted.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(fabric_swishs[values]),FILTER(fabric_swishs,fabric_swishs[month]="April" && fabric_swishs[Year]=2018 && fabric_swishs[Type of caller]="email"))

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached. If it doesn't meet your requirement, kindly share your sample data to me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/socoo6aggzse5e7/Fiscal%20Year%20Calculated%20Columns.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Thanks, I used the following but results in an error :

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(fabric_swishs[fabric_typeofcaller]),FILTER(fabric_swishs,fabric_swishs[fabric_dateofcall].[Month]="August" & fabric_swishs[fabric_dateofcall].[Year]=2018 && fabric_swishs[fabric_typeofcaller]="Family"))

Table name

fabric_swishs

Pick list that has multiple values

fabric_typeofcaller

Month I am filtering on

fabric_dateofcall

Error

error.PNG

Hi @marcus505,

Could you please share your pbix to me? You can upload your pbix to dorpbox and paste the link here directly.

Regards,

Frank

Hi @marcus505,

The highlighted part in your formula, there is no "Family" in the column. So the error will occur. If we delete the part and update the formula to a new one, that will work well.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(fabric_swishs[fabric_typeofcaller]),FILTER(fabric_swishs,fabric_swishs[fabric_dateofcall].[Month]="August" && fabric_swishs[fabric_dateofcall].[Year]=2018 && fabric_swishs[fabric_typeofcaller]="Family"))
Measure2 = CALCULATE(SUM(fabric_swishs[fabric_typeofcaller]),FILTER(fabric_swishs,fabric_swishs[fabric_dateofcall].[Month]="August" && fabric_swishs[fabric_dateofcall].[Year]=2018))

123123.PNG

Please check the pbix as attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbu25f4vct5lbky/FiscalData.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

Hi Frank,

Thanks a lot.

Type of caller is a pick list which has multiple values.

Family

Self

Teacher

typeofcaller.PNG

The only filter missing is type of caller. When i applied the filter, i got an error shown in the previous post.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Hi Frank,

I was applying the filter by label "Family". As you can see below (this is Dynamics CRM)

Fieldvalue.PNG

So in that case i would need to filter TypeOfCaller by the fieldvalue and sum them i take it rather than Label?

Thanks

Hi @marcus505,

Yes, here you should update your formula like this.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(fabric_swishs[fabric_typeofcaller]),FILTER(fabric_swishs,fabric_swishs[fabric_dateofcall].[Month]="August" && fabric_swishs[fabric_dateofcall].[Year]=2018 && fabric_swishs[fabric_typeofcaller]=

555510002))

Regards,

Frank

Thanks a lot Frank, Greatly appreciate your help.

I will take it from here.

Thanks,

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

You could try this:

My Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(fabric_swishs[Fabric]), TableName[Month] = "April" && TableName[Year] = "2018" && TableName[Type of Caller] = "email")

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors