Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Analitika
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Error in Power BI Service

Hello,

I have published .pbix file to Power BI service online and getting this error. I tried to make same privacy in desktop version and power bi service. And after changes nothing changed, same error. So how I could resolve my error. I also have re-installed on-premises personal gateway.

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Information is needed in order to combine data. Please specify a privacy level for each data source."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[{\"kind\":\"MySql\",\"path\":\"88.119.221.244</ip>:33067;3t-favs\"},{\"kind\":\"File\",\"path\":\"C:\\\\PBI_SERVER\\\\Smarton\\\\sas_kodai_FULL_3t.xlsx\"}]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"PrivacySetting"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: account_category.
4 REPLIES 4
v-kongfanf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Thanks for the reply from @GilbertQ , please allow me to provide another insight:

Hi @Analitika ,

For this type of reported problem, it is usually caused by privacy settings.

vkongfanfmsft_0-1715739803525.png

After reinstalling the Personal Gateway, then create the same privacy in the Power BI Desktop and in the service.

You can refer to below document:

Understand Power BI Desktop privacy levels - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Adamk Kong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Analitika 

Can you please enter that the privacy settings on all your data sources are set to the same level? For example? or privacy settings should be set to organisational.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hello,

Actually I have tried to match privacy levels in service and desktop version too but still getting same error. Also I have tried to reinstall gateway but nothing changed.

@Analitika not you not ryed and not sett them all or set them wrong

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors