Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

TorgeHH
Frequent Visitor

Embedded Power BI Report shows no data (dynamics / model driven app)

Hi there, 

i try to embed a power bi report from my service to my dynamics/model driven app. I can publish the dashboard with the report on it as an dashboard in the app. But as soon as I put the report on the form, I get no data anymore. It also seems, that no Accounts ID are found anymore. I also tried it with a json static value where I put the following. But with or without Jason static value, I get the same result. Does someone can help me out with that?

{
"Filter": "[{
\"$schema\":\"basic\",
\"target\":{
\"table\":\"dimSalesAccout\",
\"column\":\"AccountID\"
},
\"operator\":\"In\",
\"values\":[\"$a\"],
\"filterType\":1
}]",
"Alias": {
"$a": "(account)accountid",
}
}

1 REPLY 1
v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TorgeHH ,

Based on the information you have provided, you can follow the steps below to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1.Verify that the Power BI report has permission to access the Dynamics 365 data, for more details see:
Visualize your data quickly from Power Apps and Dynamics 365 apps - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
2.The JSON filter syntax you provided seems to have a small spelling error. You can try making the following changes to it:

{"Filter": "[{\"$schema\":\"basic\",\"target\":{\"table\":\"dimSalesAccout\",\"column\":\"AccountID\"},\"operator\":\"In\",\"values\":[\"$a\"],\"filterType\":1}]", "Alias": {"$a": "(account)accountid"}}

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors