Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

GuillaumeB_RSM
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow refresh error - culture is not supported

Hi all,

I have a Power BI Dataflow retrieving data from an API.

Among its table/columns, it is returning date values formatted as english dates. Since last night, the scheduled/On demand refreshs fail because of this error : DataFormat.Error: The specified culture is not supported. <ccon>en-EN</ccon>

I haven't made any recent changes to this dataflow. And there is no error showing in the preview/when saving the dataflow (even when using keep errors on all columns), only the refresh fails.

I have tried to follow this previous topic : https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Error-The-specified-culture-is-not-supported/m-p/8...

but I can't find the "local setting" on Power VI Service...

Can you help me ?

Thanks,

Guillaume

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think I've managed to solve it on my end. I had to go into each dataflow, click options, click regional settings and then pick English (United Kingdom). Save and close, refresh.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
taha_mansoor
Frequent Visitor

Hi Guys @GuillaumeB_RSM @JillianHay @Banzai 

I am facing similar error, when using English (United Arab Emirates) culture in my dataflow. When I am changing it to English (United States) all is working.  Can anyone please confirm if English (United Arab Emirates) culture is decomissioned ? or can we do some settings in Gateway cluster ? or if there is any other solution? 

I don't want my date format in m/d/yyyy

Banzai
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same issue here. The PowerPlatform.Dataflows([) Connector fails at the first step:
Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 11.12.36.png

I think I've managed to solve it on my end. I had to go into each dataflow, click options, click regional settings and then pick English (United Kingdom). Save and close, refresh.

Good grief 😫 
But thanks!

GuillaumeB_RSM
Frequent Visitor

I've found a solution,

It seems that the "en-EN" culture has been decommissioned for M date functions, so I've switched all my formulas to "en-US" on my dataflow.

It now refreshes successfully

Unfortunately, some of my dataflows are failing which don't even contain date fields.....

JillianHay
Frequent Visitor

Same issue. Most of my dataflows are failing since Sunday night (UK time)

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors