Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Petja
Advocate II
Advocate II

Data set broken when (unused in the report) column removed from source (Sharepoint List)

Hi,

I'm in a serious need to get a fix for this problem - other than removing the whole data/report/workspace and reinstalling. So the data source (Sharepoint list) was modified in a way that one column was removed. This column is not used in my PBI report and I checked from advanced editor that the column name is not used in any step. Everything works on desktop but when I publish the dataset won't refresh in web services and the error message is that the removed column is not found (obviously). 

Somebody suggested to remove an automatic "Changed type" step from Power Query, but there is no such step on my project.

Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Can you share the error message and the power query steps (advance editor script hiding sharepoint address) in order to have a better understand for helping you. Right now with the message we can just say that there is an error at power query and that's why you can't refresh it on service.

Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi ibarrau,

Thanks for your message but you have misunderstood. There is no error in power query and I can run it on desktop with no errors. The errors come when refreshing the data set in web services. And I am quite confident that if you know the answer to my problem, you'll understand my description of the problem without screenshots.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors