Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

josovnik

Access to content under the Power BI Premium service (capacity)

Hello!
How are they?
I'm Juan and I'm starting to work with the implementation of M365 in a Bank.

At this point, I'm working on ordering the Power BI service. A Premium Capacity has been contracted.

I've been browsing some questions, but couldn't find what I need to understand. Nor reading in the learning.

Are all the Workspaces that are under PREMIUM capacity open for ANY USER of the Organization to access? (if you know the link). 

Isn't it necessary to give explicit read permissions for the content? Because they are under the Premium service and everyone will be able to consume it? This seems out of the ordinary to me. Could it be due to a general configuration issue?

I know that if the Dashboard that was built is published as an application (even though it is under the PREMIUM service) you have to explicitly give permissions because you can't access it... but with the other Dashboards? not published as an app?

I hope to be clear, Thank you!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @josovnik 

By default or when creating a new report no one has got access. You have to give them access to view the reports or dashboards.

I would highly recommend creating an App and sharing via the App. Below are more details how to do this: Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @josovnik 

By default or when creating a new report no one has got access. You have to give them access to view the reports or dashboards.

I would highly recommend creating an App and sharing via the App. Below are more details how to do this: Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors