Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

dbeavon3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

AI -generated support for Power BI technical problems

Has anyone noticed that responses from Power BI technical support are now generated by an A/I?

I notice this primarily on the NON-technical side of things, like if I ask why customers aren't given visibility to monitor capacity issues ("carry forward"), then the AI starts to respond with 100% meaningless language, eg. 

As for your requests to see the latest carry-forward graphs, I do not have any information on that

The only way I could see a real person responding in that manner is if they are pretending to be a robot, or are extremely passive-aggressive.  It is more likely that this is copy/pasted into an email from an A/I.

It was bad enough when professional support was outsourced to peers/clients who are external to Microsoft.  But if support is being outsourced to an A/I then the quality will get rapidly worse.   I'd guess the satisfaction rating won't matter anymore at the end of these cases either...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-jiewu-msft 

I ended up closing the case with a full satisfaction rating.  The team, under ops manager N.P., is helpful and I rarely have any issue.

However it is a bit concerning to wait a day or two for an answer to a technical question, only to get an AI-generated response.

I think it is important for the AI-generated portions of these responses to be properly annotated.  That would allow customers to disregard those portions when submitting a satisfaction rating at the end of a support case.

I also think it is inappropriate for an AI to be responsible for certain portions of the the email, like the greeting at the start.  Nobody wants to hear well-wishes from a bot. 😉

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiewu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dbeavon3 ,

We understand your concerns about Capacity Issues and Carry Forward issues, as well as your dissatisfaction with some technical support responses.

Additionally, we will investigate further into what you're saying and get back to the appropriate department, and you can provide the ticket ID of the issue you're experiencing.

If you are sensitive to personal privacy, you can also send me the ticket ID through community direct messages.

Best Regards,

Wisdom Wu

@v-jiewu-msft 

I ended up closing the case with a full satisfaction rating.  The team, under ops manager N.P., is helpful and I rarely have any issue.

However it is a bit concerning to wait a day or two for an answer to a technical question, only to get an AI-generated response.

I think it is important for the AI-generated portions of these responses to be properly annotated.  That would allow customers to disregard those portions when submitting a satisfaction rating at the end of a support case.

I also think it is inappropriate for an AI to be responsible for certain portions of the the email, like the greeting at the start.  Nobody wants to hear well-wishes from a bot. 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors