Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DrummingAddict
Frequent Visitor

9K rows export causing the Data Limit error

Users are trying to export visuals with between 6K and 9K rows to csv and they receive the dreaded "Data exceed the limit" error message.  The issue began today, previously users could export without issue.  I am unable to reproduce the issue as it seems to only be affecting a few of the users.  Other users are able to export to csv.  All users can currently export to xlsx.

6 REPLIES 6
CaptainCowell
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hey. Please see this thread. Microsoft has acknowledged it's a known issue and is reportedly working on fixing it.

Things are back to normal for me this evening! - I've been able to export 9K and 2K records from two different visuals in a Power BI Service report. How are things looking for others?

All of my people are still experiencing the 300 cut off in CSV.

Wesleyvanv
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here, max 300 rows are being exported

CaptainCowell
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am experiencing the same issue. It started 24 hours ago. Trying to export data to CSV from visuals with 1K to 9K rows, which had always worked before, now throws the message: 

Data exceeds the limit

Your data is too large. Some data sampling may occur.

I have a Power BI Pro license. Interestingly I have noticed that in my case at least, the CSV files now being exported from any visual are consistently limited to 300 rows, whereas the limit in the Power BI Service is documented to be 30,000 rows for CSVs.

I have tried applying all latest updates to my computers, tried on different computers and in different browsers, but always consistently the same outcome.

As a workaround, which I appreciate will not be possible for everyone, I resorted to working with the report in Power BI Desktop, rather than the Power BI Service, where I was able to refresh the data and export the visuals to CSV from there, which gave me all the rows I was expecting.

Hi 

I have PowerBI desktop and I have the same issue. It started the 14th of September 2023. The data that I'd like to export are the same of one month ago when I was able to export 30000 rows. I cannot choose to export in xlsx format only csv

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors