Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

DataRower
Regular Visitor

Using Powershell and ReportService2010.asmx to get datasource details how to find ds path

I am using powershell and the ReportService2010.asmx endpoint to retrieve list of SSRS Reports and their dataSources from PBI Reportserver.  For background, I am calling these functions created by  written by Jana Sattainathan. ( I am rather new to powershell)
I am able to pull reports, and for each report I can get a datasource REFerence.  Bu now I am trying to call GetDataSourceContents so I can get the connectionString and other details.  From the datasource object I have access to datasource reference and name,  report path and name , But I think I need the path to the datasource itself. (Code below )
Can anyone help me figure out how to construct this value?  OR,  The GetDataSourceContents I am callin may not be the correct one?  It does not show up in my "commands" window in the ISE , but it pops up when putting a . after the $reportproxy I am using which is https://MyServer.com/ReportServer/ReportService2010.asmx

$Reports = Get-SSRSReport -ReportServerUri $PBIRSReportServerUri -ReportFolderPath $StartFolder

foreach ($Report in $Reports){
    Write-Host $Report.Name $Report.Path $Report.TypeName 

$DSS = Get-SSRSReportDataSource  -ReportServerUri $PBIRSReportServerUri -ReportFolderPath "/AP Administrators"  

foreach ($DS in $DSS){
        Write-Host   $DS.ReportName $DS.ReportPath $DS.DataSourceName $DS.ReportPath  $DS.ReportName
        $validObject = $reportproxy.GetDataSourceContents($DS.ReportPath) <---What should this value be?
        Write-Host $validObject.ConnectString  -ForegroundColor Cyan
    } 
}

Error Message: Exception calling "GetDataSourceContents" with "1" argument(s): "The operation you are attempting on item '/AP Administrators/Server Administration/SQL Datafeed History' is not allowed for this item type
Here is a sample url to a datasource on the server , but I don't think it helps
https://MyServer/Reports/manage/catalogitem/datasources/folder/subfolder/reportname?_pk=sdp2ph00

1 REPLY 1
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DataRower ,

Please refer below url, hope it is helpful for you.

powershell - Return all SSRS reports in a folder with the data source name and ConnectString - Stack...

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.