Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PBI_AMS
Frequent Visitor

Using Paginated Reports to develop Sales Collateral

I'm not totally clear if this is the right place to post, but I welcome any suggestions.  I'm trying to develop a workflow for creating some marketing collateral for a large team, and I'm wondering if Paginated Reports builder can work. Here's how I've got it set up: 

Users are completing a webform that includes a variety of fields:

• Name of the product
  • What the product does
  • A photo of the product
  • How the product can change your life
  • List of features of the product
  • List of part numbers associated with the product
  • A contact person for the product, their phone number, and email address
  • A list of products that are related in one way or another.  

These are all text fields, essentially. The structure will not change, but users need to be able to ADD products and edit some of the existing fields.  The survey tool creates a data model, and I'm pulling that data model into PowerBI service for an interactive version of this product surfer.  (Savvier users can access it via their smart phones in the app, for example)  But I also need to be able to create printable PDF versions of it embedded in PowerBI. This is where Paginated Reports come in. I've built a flat data table that has ballooned to thousands of rows given all the related fields, and I've pulled it into paginated reports builder. What I can't seem to figure out is how to use the parameters to generate a single page for each product that will list ALL related content for that product on the same page.  What I really need is to see a video or tutorial from someone else who has done something like this. I know this sounds like a dumb use of this tool since there's no data analysis anywhere in the mix, but I'm sure someone else has attempted.  Any advice?

1 REPLY 1
josef78
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You can add "List" object to report, and into row of this list, you can insert another sub-objects (like fields, tables, charts, pictures) as you want. Also you can set page-break on each row of this list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors