Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jzarta
Regular Visitor

User Specific Reports

Hi there

I do have a single report that can be fitted per location, we do have around 15 locations. So to share same report por each specific user y had to change values in a table in order to share to specific user only specific data, and 15 reports published

I'm wondering if I can have just 1 single report shared, setup user and locations and present only the specific information to the specific user.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Yes, you want to use Row Level Security (RLS).

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

jzarta
Regular Visitor

Look like is working for me.

My suggestion for you is to use the word document "Bidirectional cross-filtering in Analysis Services 2016 and Power BI" in order to get more information and clarify.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jzarta
Regular Visitor

Look like is working for me.

My suggestion for you is to use the word document "Bidirectional cross-filtering in Analysis Services 2016 and Power BI" in order to get more information and clarify.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Row Level Security is something we definitely need to use. However, it's my understanding that it is still not applicable to the Power BI Report Server in the August update, only Power BI Services. Could someone clarify this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't do Row Level Security inside an imported PBI dataset. However if you use a SSAS Tabular model as a source in LiveQuery mode you can implement RLS in that easily enough.

You can also implement RLS in a SQL Server data source using DirectQuery mode though you need to be able to pass your user connection details around so may well need Kerberos configuring.

So it's possible but not quite as straight forward as just importing data and then setting up your security inside the PBIX.

S

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Yes, you want to use Row Level Security (RLS).

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.